Comprehensive Guide on Business Safety and Security Amid Middle East Tensions
In response to the escalating Middle East conflict, numerous clients have reached out to New World Norm seeking advice on enhancing safety and security. Rising concerns include hate crimes and large-scale protests affecting businesses and employees nationwide.
To provide support, the New World Norm team has drafted a comprehensive collection of (FREE) materials on business safety and security. This includes terrorism awareness training, personal security guidelines, and workplace safety advice.
Key Resources for Terrorism Awareness and Counter Terrorism Training:
- ACT e-Learning Course: A free counter terrorism awareness program for employers and employees, focusing on best practices for security enhancement. click here
- The Blue Book – A Guide to Personal Security | ProtectUK: Offers a range of advice for personal security planning, directing users to additional valuable resources. click here
- ProtectUK Resources: Delivers counter terrorism support and guidance for businesses and the public, helping to safeguard and prepare effectively. click here
Reporting Crimes and Emergencies:
- Crime Reporting Guidance: Includes comprehensive instructions and training videos for reporting crimes. Visit Reporting a Crime for more information click here
- Emergency Situations: Dial 999 for ongoing crimes or immediate dangers. For business crime reporting, click here to see How to report a Business Crime.
- Non-Emergency Situations: Report crimes online or call 101 for non-urgent cases. This line is also available for police inquiries and information sharing.
Personal Safety Advice:
Managing Risks During Protests and Public Events:
Businesses must be aware of the risks during public protests and social unrest. New World Norm has developed a guide for you to use “Safeguarding Your Business in Public Event Scenarios.pdf” to help businesses prepare and mitigate potential disruptions and threats.
- Call for action: Schedule time for you and your team to take the FREE 45 minute ACT Awareness e-Learning – Click here
- Design local actions: After the eLearning discuss with your teams how you can improve your location to safeguard your staff and customers
- Run-Hide-Tell: You can use this link to download the run,hide, tell official leaflet – Click Here
- Invacuate or Evacuate: Understand the difference as these will have different emergency plans
- Communicate: Share with everyonethat your business has got clear guidelines on how to handle incidents
- Engage with your neighbours: Work with other businesses around you to share updates and emergency plans
- ProtectUK App: Utilise the FREE app as this will provide help ongoing
What to do in the event of a terrorist attack. Guidance issued by Counter Terrorism Policing for members of the public.
In the unlikely event of a terrorist attack, remember to follow RUN HIDE TELL – guidance which can be applied to many situations and places.
If you cannot RUN, HIDE:
When it is safe to do so, TELL by calling 999
What do the police need to know? If you cannot speak or make a noise, listen to the instructions given to you by the call taker:
Access real-time information from Counter Terrorism (CT) Policing plus the latest protective security advice available at your fingertips 24/7 – wherever you are.
ProtectUK is now available on the go, keeping you updated when and where it matters most – all through the easy-to-navigate ProtectUK mobile device app.
Powered by Urim, ProtectUK is a free, accessible app for all. More than a thousand specialists from across the UK have helped support the trial of this product, including leading organisations from the security, sporting and retail sectors.